It's been a busy week with the Canadian Toy Expo in Burelington, ON, finishing off a few commissioned pieces, and preparing for my move back to South Korea.I'll continue to customize while overseas, but taking on any new commissions can only be considered starting in June. :)
* * *
I tried something new at the Toy Expo, and provided bags of loose figures &/or parts for customizing for $5 each. They sold really well, and helped start a few people into customizing their figures. It also drew alot of current customizers to my booth.
Lots of thanks toeveryone who stopped by this weekend to chat. :)
Below are some shots from the Toy Expo I took this weekend.





I also came across something unexpected: A custom figure made by Jin Saotome! The guy selling it was one of the Transformer toy dealers who parting with all of his animated-style TFs. It was great to see one of Jin's custom figures in person - it looked fantastic. Back in 2007, seeing Jin's work online inspired me to combine my sculpting and painting skills together into customizing toys too. :)
-Blayne
