Custom Toys and Action Figures by Blayne

Friday, March 14, 2014

NCR Ranger Custom Figures (Work In Progress)

I'm quickly approaching the molding/casting of the finished/resculpted Shapeways prototypes I produced back in October.

Currently, I'm in my second playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas (heavily modded PC version). That makes designing these figures even more enjoyable.

While I plan to keep one or two for myself, I'll be putting up 1 or 2 finished versions for sale. If you're interested ahead of time, contact me by email with (reasonable) offers. I plan on moving overseas again for (Teaching) work, so I'll only be making these once.



 

Working with a (huge) variety of parts from NECA figures, each of the figures are very articulated. Each ones has a double-ball jointed torso / neck, ball-jointed shoulders / hips, pin-swivel elbows, knees, and ball jointed ankles and wrists. This allows for a variety of poses.

The figures are still be sculpted (note semi-flexible chest armor, not yet sculpted coat collar/back respirator, lack of belts, forearm guards, etc.) but they're coming along nicely.




I'm also working on a series of full power armors from Fallout 3 / New Vegas. Until I have the full armor prints, I decided to create some non-standard Fallout customs - the 'Courier' NCR armor, loosely based on on a mod found on the Fallout Nexus, and a BOS Power armor helmet wearing BDU apocalyptic soldier. The Brotherhood of Steel helmet-wearing Courier cosplay that inspired this custom can be found here.